Peach Almond Cream Tart Recipe
Pie Dough Recipe
All Purpose Flour 2 1/2 c
Butter 1 c
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cold Water 1/2 c
1) Mix the flour, butter, and salt until it forms a crumble
2) Add the water and mix until it forms a dough
3) Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
4) Roll chilled dough out to 1/8" thickness and line tart pan
5) Use fork to poke holes in dough and chill in cooler
Almond Cream Recipe
Butter 7 tbsp
Powdered Sugar 3/4 c
Salt 1 pinch
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Almond Flour 3/4 c
Corn Starch 1 3/4 tsp
Whole Egg 1 egg
Dark Rum 1 tsp
1) Cream butter, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla
2) Add the almond flour and corn starch
3) Add the egg and rum and mix well
4) Let almond cream rest in the refrigerator overnight before using
2 ripe, but firm peaches
1) Blind bake the tart shell for 20 min at 350 degrees F and let cool
2) Once cool, spread 1/4" almond cream on bottom of the tart shell
3) Slice peaches and place on top of almond cream
4) Bake tart for about 45 min at 350 degrees F until almond cream and dough are fully baked
5) Cool completely
*** Almond Cream Tart can be made with any fruit that is ripe and in season
Chef Demo Provided by:
Sweet Corn Ice Cream Recipe
2 cups whole milk
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 ear sweet corn
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened (3 tablespoons)
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cut kernels off of corn and break cob in half and set to the side
2. Combine milk, heavy cream, salt and vanilla in saucepan and bring to a simmer
3. Add corn kernels and cob to saucepan and turn off heat. Let corn infuse the milk mixture for
at least 2 hrs or overnight in refrigerator.
4. Once infused, remove cob pieces and purée corn and milk mixture then strain to obtain a
5. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the milk mixture with the cornstarch.
6. In another large bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth.
7. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining milk mixture with the sugar and corn syrup.
Bring the milk mixture to a boil and whisk over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about
8. Off the heat, gradually whisk the cornstarch mixture into the milk mixture. Return to a boil
and whisk over moderately high heat until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
9. Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese until smooth.
10. Set the bowl in the ice water bath and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 20
11. Put ice cream base into a ziplock bag or plastic container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or
12. Strain the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the
manufacturer's instructions. Pack the ice cream into a plastic container.
13. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream and close with an
airtight lid. Freeze the corn ice cream until firm, about 4 hours.
And, do not forget to check out our SOFT TOUCH campaign!
Chef Demo Provided by:
EWC at the Edgebrook Neighborhood Farmers Market:
EWC is partnering with Swedish Covenant Hospital to help supply practical, functional items (such as knit caps) for newborns and cancer patients.
Go to our "Campaigns" page to learn more about the 3 ways in which you can
HELP US TO HELP OTHERS!